Posted on

how to grow and sell medical weed

See: 28-B M.R.S. §1501

Medical Use

Adults 21 years of age or older can possess up to 2.5 ounces of a combination of marijuana, marijuana concentrate and marijuana products, including no more than 5 grams of marijuana concentrate.


How much marijuana can I possess?

How to grow and sell medical weed

Yes. The Department of Revenue may issue a total of eight combined-use licenses (for cultivation and sale), one to each of the eight federally recognized Indian tribes located in Montana (or to a business that is majority-owned by the tribe). Those licensees may operate within 150 air miles of the exterior boundaries of the reservation or tribal service area, if all other licensing conditions are met and they are located in a county that allows recreational marijuana licensees.

The license has a $20 annual fee. You may apply for a new license or renew an existing license using the eStop Business Licenses Service.

Will marijuana licensees be permitted to sell their licenses the way alcohol licensees may sell their licenses to buyers approved by the Department?

The My Revenue portal will no longer be available after July 23, 2021. Department of Revenue forms will be made available on

Local and County Cannabis Regulation FAQ

You must have an Alternative Nicotine or Vapor Products Retail license if you sell alternative nicotine or related products, including: